Sunday, October 17, 2010

Scratching the Blog Itch...

As a student at Humber College, my classmates and I began a course which focuses on our "online brand". Being Public Relations students, this was a key aspect in gaining an online presence that would get us noticed by key employers and others in the industry. 


So after hours of putting together my new website www.danielleshaw.ca (Note: This is still under construction- who knew it could be so challenging!!) I began to discover all the different social media sites. Picasa, WordPressTwitter... everything was all there. I just felt it was missing something. Thats when I discovered Blogger


I kept thinking to myself, I wish I was interesting enough to write a blog... as I didn't think I had anything of substance to say. However, after thinking about it over and over, I realized that I could talk about exactly what I was experiencing right now


Internships. The process of getting my first Public Relations job, keeping that job and the situations I was getting myself in while working that job, and finally, working to get my new employer to take me on as a REAL employee! 


My internship process is becoming the most fascinating, stressful, nerve wracking, exciting process I've ever endured. 


So that is what this blog is going to be about. You will be able to follow me on my process of becoming a successful event planner (let's cross our fingers this happens! I need SOMETHING to write about!)


Along the way, I'd like to interview real professionals in their craft to see what their positions are like, the passions they have for their career, and the experiences they had trying to become a leader in the industry. 


This is an aspect of the social media world I've wanted to experience and I hope you follow me along the way to becoming a Post Grad


                                         



No comments:

Post a Comment